Patterns

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

An inspiring young crafter

This week I came across the most amazing you woman, and I really wanted to share her story with you.
 
I am Zuane. I’m a 13 year old homeschooler from Mpumalanga, South Africa. I have two passions in my life, dance and crochet.

I’m a dance student at Rene’s Art of Dance and I participate in 12 different dances. I won a gold medal at a recent dance competition and qualified  for South African Championships.

I am really excited about this opportunity but I need to raise money to cover my expenses for the championships and was inspired to use my love of crochet to raise these much needed funds. I designed handmade, crochet beanies to help me to achieve my goals.

 
My love of dance has inspired me to create these unique beanies. Each one will be handmade by myself, as a result each one will be absolutely unique.

What an inspiring young lady, she reminds me of myself at that age. To assist her to raise the much needed funds she requires I have offered her the opportunity to sell her very cute beanies through my Etsy store. Pop in to have a look and help a young lady reach her dreams.

She has until the beginning of October to raise funds, let’s help her get there!

Patterns of the week


 
This comic book character inspired hoodie is based on one of my favourite characters, which is why I was so excited to create it.
Perfect to keep you snug in winter, as well as a fun addition to a themed wardrobe for us geeky types

For every HQ Hoodie Sewing Pattern sold between now and the end of September, we will be donating $1 towards Zuane’s fund to help her raise funds and be a part of the South African Championships!
 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment